Common Things at Last

For now, nothing more than the public diary of an anonymous man, thinking a few things out.

Name:
Location: Midwest, United States

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Weather's Changing

It’s still winter – snow is forecast for tonight – but the crispness of the thirtyish air is not like that we get as we move into winter from the fall. Autumnal crispness is of a different order, brisker, with different odors. Today’s crispness feels temporary. The sun is giving little warmth, but seems to promise warmth, to say, “that’s alright, I’m just gearing up – it’ll be warm soon.” The oppressiveness of a Midwestern winter seems lifted.

I wrote this this morning. I'm not exactly looking forward to going outside to catch my bus, but it's better than staying here, I guess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home